A Significant Industrial User is defined as:
- An industrial user subject to Categorical Pretreatment Standards under 40CFR (Code of Federal Regulations), 403.6 and 40 CFR, Chapter I, subchapter N. Any industry that falls under these categories is considered a SIU whether it has process discharge to the sewer or not. These industries are Categorical Industrial Users (CIUs)
- Any industry which discharges an average of 25,000 gallons per day or more of process wastewater to the sewer system (excluding sanitary, contact cooling and boiler blowdown wastewater)
- Any Industry which is designated as such by the City of Blackfoot on the basis that the industrial user has a reasonable potential for adversely affecting the operation of the collection system or treatment plant, or violating any pretreatment requirement.
If you are currently discharging to the City and meet any one of the three definitions, please notify us immediately so that you can be permitted. If you plan to operate a business that meets any one of the above definitions, you will need to turn in a completed Data Disclosure Form (DDF) to the City 90 days prior to operation. Click here to download a copy.
High Strength User Fees
Industrial Users can place a heavier burden on the sewer system than a residential or commercial user. Our rates for these higher strength discharges are as follows:
- Flow $1.46 per 1,000 gallons
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) $0.28 per pound
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS) $0.28 per pound
- Total Phosphorus $0.31 per pound
As sampled and tested on the effluent from the facility.