Crop Residue Burning

For an agricultural burn, a Burn Permit must first be obtained from the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) by calling 208-236-6160 or by visiting the DEQ WEBPAGE.  More information regarding agricultural burns may be found HERE

Crop Residue Burning Includes

  • Whole Fields
  • Pastures
  • Spots within a field or pasture
  • Broken bales in the field that they were generated in during the time of harvest
  • CRP lands
  • Food Plots
  • Blanching or flaming operations

 Access a map showing current status of BURN DECISIONS FOR CRB.